Two River handles many consignments per year. This program allows us to continue to accept all of the professionally-produced, self-published books from our local authors (*please note the Consigment Program is limited to Portland authors only) and to devote our resources to prominently featuring them throughout the store. It also allows us to work on cooperative marketing initiatives. It is our expectation that this program will lead to higher sales and more publicity for your book.
General Policy Information
- There is a one time $25 handling fee for consignment books.
- Two Rivers typically pays 50% for a consignment book.
- Two Rivers will initially take 5 copies of the book.
- Two Rivers agrees to display books left here on a consignment basis for 6 months. During that period, Two Rivers may contact the consignor to request additional quantities for sale. Two Rivers will pay the consignor for items sold on a quarterly basis. At the end of the consignment period, Two Rivers may send any unsold books and any remaining payment accrued from book sales to the address provided by the consignor (paid by initial handling fee). Two Rivers will only pay for items that were sold. Damaged or stolen items are the sole financial responsibility of the consignor.
Additional Promotional Package
For an additional $75 we will:
- Prominently feature your book for at least two weeks in the New and Recommended section for your title's genre.
- List your books in our e-mail newsletter sent to over 1,000.
- Present your book on the Featured Local Authors page of our website for at least 60 days (Coming).
- Place a shelftalker with your book to high light it on the shelf.
- Enable customers to buy your book online for the entire time it is in stock at Two Rivers.
- (Please note: it can take 1-2 weeks for books to be added online and 8 weeks for books to be included in our email newsletter.)
For the additional promotional package you must provide:
- 5 copies of your book
- A description of your book in 50 words or less.
- A JPEG image of the book cover
If you are interested in the consignment program, please email email@example.com